Nursery Volunteers are always needed! If you can spare an occasional hour to help watch our littlest members, please contact Dawn Wierenga at the church office.
Bethany Safe Families: Are you looking for an opportunity to serve in a way that will change lives? Check out Bethany Safe Families which partners with local churches to help families in crisis. Parents who participate in Safe Families do not lose custody of their children. Through Safe Families, they are supported for a small time to stablilize them, keep their families together and give them the time and tools to thrive as a family. If you would like more information, contact Project Deacon, Carl Kohlhoff.
Townline Elementary: Hillside has been partnering with Townline Elementary in the Kids Hope mentoring program since 1999. Hillside members volunteer for an hour each week mentoring an at-risk student at Towline for one hour during the school day. Each mentor & mentee pair is assigned a prayer partner who prays for them and their relationship regularly. We also have Spirit Lifters for all of the teachers at Townline and many of the staff. Spirit Lifters pray for the Townline teachers & staff weekly and send notes of encouragement or small gifts 4 or more times during the school year. If you would like to learn more about what is involved in being a Mentor, Prayer Partner or Spirit Lifter or want to volunteer in one of these positions please contact Maxine Haagsma, the Kids Hope Director. Call (616) 698-0122 ext. 117 or e-mail email@example.com.
Hillside member in need of rides: We have one woman at Hillside that is in need of rides to Sunday services. She lives within 5 miles of Hillside so it isn't too far out of the way. The only "rule" is that there must be a female present in the vehicle if the driver is a male. She prefers the 11:00 service. If you are willing to help please contact the church office to sign up. Thanks in advance for your willingness to serve.
We are currently collecting:
- Food Drive (The Pantry) 2nd Sunday of each month (or anytime) bring non-perishable food to the bins under the mailboxes.
- Box Tops for Education (Townline Elementary) Collection box above the church mailboxes.
- Used cell phones -working or non (SafeHaven Minstries) Box is under church mailboxes.
- Paper Gator - recycle newspapers, magazines, phone books, office paper & Catalogs. No plastic, metal, glass or cardboard. (Hillside Youth Scholarship Fund for Mission trips) Paper Gator is outside near Multi Purpose Building.
- Used Grocery Bags (The Pantry) Collection bin under mailboxes.
- Spartan Labels(Christian Education Assistance) Collection box, a green Spartan truck, is in kitchen.